Wherein Handro attempts to mount a Battlewagon's track assembly to a Trukk chassis...
Unsurprisingly, the Ork Trukk isn't designed to take a Battlewagon's track assembly, providing only the notches for its own two rear axles. I used the axles, judiciously cut up and fully pinned for sturdiness but also carrying most of the track weight, seeing as the tracks don't make much connection to the body. I then finished off the transmission with a length of plastic rod.
You may know that the Battlewagon's front wheels are the 'big' size, like the rear two sets on the Trukk. This means you have to use the 'big' size on the Trukk's front axle to match the track assembly, as the tracks cannot be mounted high enough to accept the 'small' wheels due to the flatbed. I couldn't find an ideal way of mounting the 'big' wheels beyond greenstuffing them to the axle and using copious amount of superglue. It holds!
The rear bed extension was simply a task of sawing a flatbed from another Trukk (wait for my upcoming Buggy conversions!) and gluing it to the end of this one, greenstuffing the gap and gluing in a couple of sprue braces underneath for strength. Voila, a Trukk that looks like it might carry more than three Boyz!
Then you're able to glue in two sets of side panels. I filled the gaps in front of them (personally I think the boarding planks look too big, and they aren't a thing in 8th anyway) with sawed-off boarding plank pieces.
The front as yet lacks much detail beyond the cut down Dakkajet top plate, a nice feature I found in an image search. Kudos to whomever came up with that idea. It will be getting some form of ram and/or front plate, headlights and then a sprinkling of gubbinz to make it feel lived in. A gunner might help too. Watch this space!